Five Strategies to Accelerate Your Career
Give yourself a career jump with these tips
IF you are either looking to make a big career switch or looking to amplify your career, here are simple strategies to fast track your goals.
- Create a career map. Clarify your objective and be purposeful in your goals. Create a clear development plan with well-defined goals and steps for what skills you need to acquire.
- Continued learning is essential. Never stop learning by equipping yourself mentally and emotionally by trying to seek out ways to continue your education, whether it be learning new programs, new techniques, or strategies which may affect your industry. The more you learn, the more you can contribute and the more you’re likely to stand out from the crowd.
- Take further studies. Getting a Master’s degree will make you more marketable, give you better entry position, and a higher salary. More importantly, post-graduate studies sharpen skills and keep you up to date with advancements in your field. Master’s degree programs offer access to the latest and greatest tools and technology that will certainly open many more doors for employment and limitless possibilities in your professional development.
- Work smarter not harder. Boost your daily productivity by delegating tasks. Delegation is a powerful time management practice and a great way to boost your and your team’s productivity. This reduces the number of decisions you have to make throughout the day so you can focus on the more important tasks at hand.
- Expand your circle. Cultivate your networks and find good mentors along the way. Expanding your network and becoming friends with people at high levels in the company and industry allows you to exchange resources with others and it can provide you with social support, as well as trusted colleagues who you can turn to as a sounding board.
Thank you for registering! One of our Career Counselors will contact you for the next steps.