Thank you for your interest in World Citi Colleges!
Among the goals of World Citi Colleges is to improve society through high quality specializededucation. This is why WCC offers scholarship grants to deserving students to help continue their studies and training. The Department of Student Affairs works with students to help find the right financial aid and tuition discounts.
Scholarships may be applied in advance of enrollment.
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIP GRANTS
World Citi Colleges offers various scholarship programs and financial assistance to help fund your education.
The Entrance Scholarship is open to an outstanding incoming first year student who graduated at the top of their class from a batch of at least 50 graduates.
- With Highest Honor will receive 100% tuition fee and miscellaneous grant.
- With High Honor will receive 50% tuition fee grant.
- With Honor will receive 50% tuition fee grant.
- General Weighted Average (GWA) must be 1.75 for the semester
- Grades in all subjects for the semester must not be lower than 1.75
Entrance scholars can maintain/renew the scholarship for the following semester under the Academic Scholarship provided he/she meets the following equirements:
- Photocopy of grades and registration form from previous semester
- Fully filled up academic scholarship application form Deadline of submission
There are two types of Academic Scholarship – those for ‘board examination courses’ and ‘non-board examination courses’.
For Board Programs:
- 100% tuition fee and miscellaneous fee grants. Given to students who obtain a General Weighted Average of 1.00 – 1.24 enrolled with a regular load (as prescribed in the curriculum) with no grade lower than 1.50 in any course.
- 75% tuition fee grant. Given to students who obtain a General Weighted Average of 1.25 – 1.49 enrolled with a regular load (as prescribed in the curriculum) with no grade lower than 1.75 in any course.
- 50% tuition fee grant. Given to students who obtain a General Weighted Average 1.50 – 1.75 enrolled with a regular load (as prescribed in the curriculum with no grade lower than 2.00 in any course.
For Non-Board Programs:
- 100% tuition fee and miscellaneous fee grants. Given to students who obtain a General Weighted Average of 1.00 - 1.24 enrolled with a regular load (prescribed in the curriculum) with no grade lower than 1.50 in any subject.
- 50% tuition fee grant. Given to students who obtain a General Weighted Average of 1.25 - 1.49 enrolled with a regular load (as prescribed in the curriculum) with no grade lower than 1.75 in any subject.
- 10% tuition fee grant. Given to students who obtain a General Weighted Average 1.50 – 1.75 enrolled with a regular load (as prescribed in the curriculum) with no grade lower than 2.00 in any subject.
An athletic scholar is primarily recruited based on his/her athletic abilities and receives tuition fee discount based on certain criteria which is graded by the Coach of the team. The Athletics Office works with the Registrar’s Office and the College Dean’s Office in the processing of the scholarship. The President approves all Athletic Scholarships upon the recommendation of the Athletics Head Coach, noted by the Department of Student Affairs.
Types of Athletic Scholarship offered:
- Full Scholarship – 100% tuition and miscellaneous fee (96% - 100% Evaluation}
- Full Tuition – 100% Discount on Tuition Fee (91% - 95% Evaluation)
- 75% Tuition Fee Discount per unit only (86%-90% Evaluation)
- 75% Tuition Fee Discount per unit only (86%-90% Evaluation)
- 50% Tuition Fee Discount per unit only (81%-85% Evaluation)
- 25% Tuition Fee Discount per unit only (75%-80% Evaluation)
- Must pass all their subjects enrolled during the semester (no more than the regular units offered per semester). Should they fall in two or more subjects, they are put in probationary status the following semester and will be allowed to enroll for 18 units only.
- Athlete scholar is only on probationary status for three semesters during his/her entire stay in college otherwise his/her scholarship will be revoked.
Scholarship that has been revoked cannot be reapplied. An athlete scholar whose scholarship has been revoked can still play and represent World Citi Colleges.
Student Assistantship (SAP)
WCC offers a ‘Working Scholars Program’ or SAP. It is a program designed to train students in the various facets of the workplace and at the same time expose them to hands-on experience which help broaden interpersonal relationships.
Under the program, qualified students shall render service in department/offices of the College where their services are needed provided the functions to be performed are related to the course being pursued/undertaken by the students.
- Must be a resident of the college for at least one whole school year anad whose schedule of classes allow for four consecutive hours of free time.
- Must have no or insufficient means of financing his/her studies.
- GWA of 2.5 in the previous semester with no grades lower than 3.0.
- Of Good Moral character
- Letter of intent to be submitted to DSA office
- Combined annual income of parents not exceeding to 250,000 (ITR)
- Copy of grades and registration form from previous semester
- Certification of Good Moral character from previous professor of the College
Military Dependent Scholarships
Recognizing the paramount importance of education, the Philippine National Police (PNP) and Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), and World Citi Colleges offers Educational Benefit Programs for servicemen, their dependents, including contractual employees.
- One (1) full tuition fee scholarship for every five (5) 50 % scholarship enrolled students regardless of the course.
- 50% tuition fee scholarship for thirty (30) students per campus.
- Maintain a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 85% or above, without ‘Failed or ‘Dropped,’ and with no grade lower than 83% per subject;
- Be enrolled with full academic load, unless the grantee is a PNP employee, who may be allowed to enroll the minimum load of 18 units per term;
- Have not been found guilty or convicted by final judgment of administrative offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- 15% tuition fee scholarship that can be availed by qualified PNP employees, including contractual employees. Classes may be conducted off site with minimum of twenty (20) students.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Only AFP and PNP personnel, including contractual employees, and their qualified dependents shall be entitled to the educational benefit grant under this program, subject to the admission procedures to be conducted by WORLD CITI COLLEGES;
- Applicants must possess the educational qualifications.
- Applicants, upon announcement, must submit the following documentary requirement to AFP/PNP on or before the scheduled date of submission:
- Duly accomplished Application Form attached with four (4) copies of latest 2 x 2 pictures of the applicant.
- One (1) copy or authenticated machine copy of birth certificate of the applicant.
- One (1) copy or authenticated machine copy of report card (Form 138), Certification of Grades or Transcript of Records (TOR) of the applicant from the most recent educational level accomplished and educational institution attended.
- The provision of the educational benefit grant shall continue, provided that the grantees adhere and continue to adhere to all provisions stipulated in this Section (Section Four)
Visit the Department of Student’s Affairs (DSA) office for Academic Scholarship Application Form and bring all your requirements.