Master in Public Administration
WCC MPA (One year non-thesis program)
is a dynamic, intensive, and interdisciplinary degree program that prepares aspirants like you for senior management roles in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. By integrating theory and practice, you will gain the skillset that you will need to respond effectively to complex policy and management issues, to think strategically in order to anticipate and plan for future challenges, and empower you to make a difference to society.
MPA Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate broad understanding of public affairs, policy development, policy analysis, economic analysis, management skills, and organization theory and their applications to public service.
- Conduct a purposeful inquiry exploring the problem/issue a client is experiencing.
- Apply critical thinking and appropriate technology for public policy analysis.
- Work with and for others in ways that translate community need into policy solutions & public service action to promote a just and humane world.
- Communicate effectively for different audiences & purposes.
MPA Program Outcomes
CORE (12 UNITS)
Management Information System
Statistics for Public Administration
Human Resources Management
Methods of Research
MAJOR (18 UNITS)
Public Administration Theory, Processes and Practices
Philosophy and Science in Public Administration
Leadership and Organizational Change
Public Policy and Program Administration
Public Fiscal Administration
Production and Operation Management
COGNATES (6 UNITS)
Trends and Issues in Public Administration
THESIS (6 UNITS)
PRE-MPA COURSES (15 UNITS)
Why WCC MPA?
- Modular system – subjects are taught on a modular approach to accommodate your studies around your lifestyle and work schedule.
- Outstanding faculty – learn from a team of professors who are industry practitioners. Beyond their academic credentials, they have a wide real-world business experience.
- Learn from diversity – be part of the group of individuals from diverse professional backgrounds and expertise that allows your peer learning experience broaden your horizons and gain fresh perspectives in the business environment.
- Invaluable network – foster personal and professional growth through connections to people and organizations which you will find beneficial to your career development and beyond.