Being number one requires the College to
follow a program of studies that is relevant, competency and research
based, a faculty committed to teach with excellence and a culture that
promotes the highest professional ideals for the advancement of
- Demonstrate technical competence in the
performance of clinical laboratory tests in aid of diagnosis, treatment
and management of diseases vis-à-vis biosafety and waste management.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in the workplace.
- Engage in the collection, analysis and projection of health information for improving the healthcare management system.
- Demonstrate inter-personal skills, leadership qualities and ethical practice of the profession.
- Apply research skills in relevant areas of Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science practice.
- Participate in community –oriented activities.
- Engage in lifelong learning activities of keeping abreast with the latest development in the specific field of practice.
- Demonstrate effective teaching and communications skills both in speaking and writing using English and Filipino.
- Work effectively and independently in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Preserve and promote Filipino historical and cultural heritage.
- Become a competent health educator.
- Take active role in social advocacies and mobilization.
- Demonstrate a service orientation in one’s profession.
- Apply WCC core values in their personal and professional endeavors as effective and responsible World Citizens.
- Licensed Medical Technologists / Medical Laboratory Scientists
- Diagnostic Molecular Scientists
- Research Scientists
- Diagnostic Product Specialists
- Public Health Practitioners
- Health Care Leaders
Beyond the beginning professional roles, a medical technologist can pursue any of the following career options:
An MT/MLS graduate may practice in the following fields:
- Public Health/Epidemiology
- Veterinary Laboratory Science
- Molecular Biology/Biology
- Nuclear Science
- Forensic Science
- Health Administrative Management
- Food and Industrial Microbiology