Biology is the science and study of life and living organisms with a focus on their life cycles, behaviors, adaptations, environment, and processes which permit life. Students who have a genuine love for flora and fauna will find that this degree will allow them to explore the life sciences and its process while in the laboratory and when in the field.
Here are reasons you should pursue a degree in Biology.
- Understand our world. If you genuinely love life, you have a big heart for all living things. A degree in biology will give you the opportunity to study life on earth and the processes of life.
- Opportunity to conduct your own research. If you love learning, a Biology major will learn non-stop and best of all conduct your own research.
- Good job outlook. According to the Labor Market Information Report* by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), there would be an increase in demand of STEM (science, technology, engineering, math)-related careers in 2020.
- Earn a decent salary. STEM-related careers with a degree in Biology offer one of the highest salaries paying for as much as Php228,000 on average per year. Salary caps can even go higher for those with masters and Ph.D. certifications.
- Job Flexibility. A degree in biology gives you the flexibility to specialize in varied fields like botany, zoology, the academe, environmental science, marine biology, neuroscience, research, geology, meteorology and enter any non-scientific industry.
Earning a degree in Biology is no easy feat, but at the end of the day, a rewarding career awaits you. Whether you want to pursue a Medical career or work in other fields which will allow you to use your love for nature, World Citi Colleges can help you find your niche and make a difference in the world.
Source: Payscale.com and Finduniversity.ph, Labor Market Information Report by DOLE: Project JobsFit: DOLE 2020 Vision
Witness life as it unfolds and discovers amazing science careers. Become a Biology major.
Image Source: StoryBlocks